Stacks, Building and Interlibrary Loan Student Employment
Stacks, Building and Interlibrary Loan Student Assistants are responsible for maintaining the accessibility of BML's collection. They monitor and troubleshoot equipment including the library printers, copiers, and mircofilm machines. They also help process interlibrary loan and document delivery requests and perform special tasks and projects as needed or assigned.
- Locating and retrieving books and journals for ILL while checking for citation accuracy.
- Packaging books for mailing via FedEx or USPS and delivering books to the MRC for document delivery.
- Opening and sorting incoming mail.
- Shelving books, serials, and mircofilm.
- Shelf reading the collection.
- Performing paper/toner rounds and filing the printers and copiers as needed.
- Performing printer, copier, and microform troubleshooting.
- Identifying items in need of mending/repair or cataloging errors and transferring these items to the appropriate location.
- Identifying items that belong to different library locations, serials, and government documents etc. and shelving accordingly.
- Shifting stacks as needed as well as other special projects.
- Regularly straightening and edging the collection.
- Assisting BML patrons with questions/way finding in the stacks and around the building.
- Identifying and reporting building and stack issues as needed.
Pay and Hours
$7.25 / hour; at least 6 hours per week during operating hours.
Boatwright Library and operates Monday-Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm.