The following policies govern use of the public lockers in Boatwright Memorial Library:
- Lockers are assigned for one semester. (Summer is treated as a semester.)
- Lockers are assigned to students and faculty working on long-term research projects that require significant use of library materials.
- Locker assignments are made on a first come, first served basis.
- The library reserves the right to open lockers at any time to inspect their contents for library materials that have not been checked out. Any such materials found will be returned to their proper locations.
- Food and drink cannot be stored in lockers.
- All lockers must be emptied by the end of the semester.
- If a locker is not vacated by the time its assignment expires, the locker will be opened and its contents removed.
a. Materials owned by the library will be checked in and returned to their proper locations.
b. Other items will be held in the library's lost and found for one week.
- The University of Richmond assumes no responsibility for the contents of library lockers.
- This policy is subject to review and revision at the conclusion of each semester.
Faculty and students who would like use of a locker for a semester should complete the Boatwright Memorial Library Locker Request Form and submit it. All applicants will receive email notification within 24 hours of locker assignment. Applicants must stop by the Information and Assistance Desk at the Lakeside entrance to the Library and provide a valid URID to retrieve their locker assignment information and combination. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.289.8876.