Library Guides and Information Skills Tutorials
FYS Library Tutorial
An overview of the library website for students enrolled in First Year Seminars.
**FYS Students** If you watch the video from this link – remember to go to Blackboard and take the accompanying quiz. Your quiz score is sent to your professor to let him/her know you completed the tutorial/quiz.
Getting Started with Library Research
Hints for getting started on your library research, including searching for books, articles, websites and evaluating your resources.
Library of Congress Classification
How to read a Library of Congress Call Number.
Scholarly Resources Tutorial
This tutorial will help you better understand the nature of scholarly resources.
Watch the full video or view by section below.
- Part 1 - Overview – Why scholarly sources matter and what makes a resource scholarly (2:26)
- Part 2 - Audience – How to determine a scholarly audience (4:33)
- Part 3 - Expertise – How to identify an author’s expertise (6:05)
- Part 4 - Vetting – How to verify that a resource used a scholarly vetting process (4:10)
- Part 5 - Review – How to find and identify scholarly resources (:33)